I am extremely honoured to have been nominated for the 2018 Liebster Award. I thank Brittany over at Dog Tags Dolls & Dinosaurs for the Nomination. Brittany is a (mostly) stay-at-home momma of two littles, two fur babies, and a proud Marine wife to her sweet hubby who she has been blessed to know half her life.
As for me, 2018 marked my jump into full time blogging, I was writing extremely sporadically for a little while but decided this was it; I wanted it to be something I could do much more consistently. So I set out to write more often and I have to say that the process has been helpful in so many ways. I love writing; it is an outlet for so many emotions and thoughts.
I have had a journal since I was in grade 3 when my grandmother gave it to me for my birthday. At that time I wrote things about my friendships, sleepovers and daily things that came up and were important to me. No body read it so I could write anything! As time went on so did my writing, I kept a Journal or Diary for the rest of my life, I still do now, although now its less journaling and more private thoughts and emotions that I cant share or am not ready to share here! Since my children were born I began journaling for them. 1st times trying or doing new things, funny things they have done and said, mostly letters and notes to them as they grow, these books I will leave to them when they are all grown up, kind of a keepsake of their lives thru my eyes.
So my blog really has become a way to share with others who might be in the same place as I am, others who can know they are not alone if they are experiencing something similar to me, things they can look up and read, have a laugh at or try out a recipe I have tried. I blog to share with my friends and family who are so far away what is happening in our lives because sometimes it is difficult to connect individually all the time! I blog about life on my little farm with my family because it is real, it is my everyday, and it is special to me. We are busy here we have so many things on the go and if someone else can connect to my material and find enjoyment in it I am happy.
10 Random Facts About Me:
- I am a mom to three-year-old twin girls and a two year old boy yes they are close in age – 16 months apart, yes this was planned, yes I am busy, yes I love it – not every minute but most of it!
- I love wine! See the Point above Nuff said!
- I believe in reading, reading to our children, reading to ourselves, and reading about anything and everything that interests us. I feel strongly that when you read you grow, I love watching my children “read” now it melts my heart when my son flips thru a book reciting lines he remembers from the time I have spent reading to him, it is one of the most amazing things to watch.
- I am a wife to an amazing man, who encouraged the move from the city to the farm and I wouldn’t want it any other way, even on the days I complain about the snow, or mud.
- I love my chickens; they were the first “farm” animals I wanted when we arrived on our little farm.
- I have always loved Photography although have never pursued it to learn more or make anything of it other than filling albums of my children and our lives. I find the art of photography fascinating and beautiful.
- I worked at a community college for years after graduating with my Disability and Community Support Diploma before leaving to pursue motherhood and family life on our farm.
- I was a figure skater most of my childhood life, meeting many of my closest friends and learning more about life than skating sometimes! I believe active children learn more than just the sport they are involved in, extra curricular activities are important parts of being a child, and growing up with balance whatever that activity might be!
- I am actively involved in our small community, because I believe in the power of a community, a community that comes together and accomplishes amazing things. I believe giving of my time teaches children to think of the big picture, the world and other people around them. We can go nowhere alone, everything we do in life we do thru and with other people.
- I have amazing family and friends who are my support system. I only hope I am as supportive to them as they are to me!
Questions I Was Asked.
1) What is the number one thing to do on your bucket list?
Travel to Greece. I have always wanted to see the amazing architecture colors and beautiful sunsets. Not to mention the food! I would eat and eat the whole time I think! Oh and own a Ford Mustang Convertible, I don’t know why? My cousin owned a mustang in highschool it was his car I learned to drive standard on and I think I just have always had a connection to that car! Especially because it managed to keep us alive thru some pretty precarious situations!
2) If you could only have two functional senses (touch, taste, sight, smell and hearing) of your choice, which would you choose & why?
Sight for sure, watching the world around me, my family, the farm, the garden grow, is so important to me. I have pondered the loss of sight previously and feel strongly that it would be the hardest of all to lose. And taste, I love food too much to give that up, given the choice!
3) If you were extremely athletically talented & could play any sport of your choosing what would it be and why?
I would figure skate, really, I did for my entire childhood and so although I wasn’t extreme enough to land me at the Olympics or anything I still have such a love for the sport! And do some coaching still so I can keep my skates on my feet and help the local kids get involved in the sport too!
4) What is your favorite bible verse or quote? Do you have a special connection to it? If so, explain.
As I am not religious nor have I read the bible I feel it would be unfair of me to answer this question or “google” a good quote to amp up the answers to my questions so here I will leave this answerless!
5) Hypothetical scenario…’The Walking Dead’ has become real life. The zombie apocalypse has commenced. You must do anything to survive. What is your weapon of choice & why?
I am thinking along the lines of a baseball bat, striking the zombie like a t-ball and watching its head roll!? Morbid Eeek!
6) What languages can you speak OR which would you like to learn to speak?
I speak only English, however have always thought Italian was such a beautiful Language. Spanish as well is something that I have often thought I would like to learn!
7) What is your favorite part about being a momma? If you are not yet a momma, what do you most look forward to when you think about motherhood? & if you do not want kiddos or don’t see yourself having children, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Being a mother to three children Twins Daughters 3 and a Son 2 there are so many things that are my favorite. The snuggles, the hugs, the paintings and pictures of fridge worthy artwork. The pride I feel watching them learn a new skill. The excitement when we talk about the things to come. Motherhood is tough most of the time but these things these moments make it all worth it! It’s a love that is indescribable!
8) What is one thing/moment that has happened in your life that you would want to relive?
There are many things I would want to do again for a second time, but relive I don’t know that I could pick anything. I have always been of the mindset that the experiences I have had in life have guided me to where I am now; I wouldn’t want to re live to change anything.
9) You just won the lottery! What’s the first thing you buy?
A Plane Ticket (well if that lottery is a large sum!) I would head off to a remote location with my family to make a plan! … oh geeze is that boring?! I’ve dreamed about all that I would do if I won millions, but practically and actually I would need to step away for a minute to collect my thoughts if that actually ever happened!
10) If you had to live out of the country for a year, where would it be?
Greece, I would spend a year touring, eating, learning, and writing.
11) You have officially been cast in ‘The Wizard of Oz’. Dorothy is strolling down the yellow brick road and comes across the scarecrow (in search of a brain), the tin man (in search of a heart), and a lion (in search of courage). Then she finds you! What are you in search of? What do you seek most in life?
Happiness. Not that I feel I am missing it per-se but its nice to find things that bring a smile to our faces, light to our hearts and calm to out lives. So if she’s the girl, Dorothy can help point those things out to me any time, it’s always nice to find new perspective!
I Nominate (and also recommend for reading and following!)
Questions, should you choose to accept to those I have nominated are:
1) If given the power to time-travel would you rather go into the past or the future?
2) Have you ever watched the cloud and imagined it to form some shape?
3) What is the story behind your blog and how did it get its name?
4) What does true love mean to you?
5) If you could travel to any place in the entire world, where would you go and why?
6) Which would you rather watch, the sunrise or sunset?
7) What/who inspires you in life the most?
8) If you could grow a garden, would it have flowers or fruit/veggies?
9) What’s the youngest memory you have of your past?
10) If you could visit a fantasy land from one of your favourite films, TV shows or books where would you pick?
11) Is there a quote you strive to live by?
Official Rules of The 2018 Liebster Award
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4) Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5) Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
6) List these rules in your post.
7) Inform the people/blogs that you nominated
If you choose to accept the nomination answer my questions, remember to tag me and inform me about your post by leaving a comment here for me to have a look at your answers. I truly hope you enjoy answering my questions and get a little kick out of them! Don’t forget to nominate other bloggers to discover, connect and support the blogging community!
For more detailed information on the Liebster Award 2018 visit here.