…Not that you asked for it.
I read something recently that made me very sad, a lady wrote about her marriage and insinuated to many things about the obligation of women in marriage that I just could not get on board with.
In fact it made me sad! 😦
– I changed my last name with honour
– I moved into our home and had equal choice and decision in the purchase of our home
– I “left” my family for education first, not him, I met and chose to spend my life with him, we built our life together for us not him!
– I got pregnant for me/us and our growing family
– Pregnancy changed my body because it did an amazing thing, it grew and cared for three beautiful children that are just as much mine as his as ours and I AM NOT FAT ( I refuse to use that language to describe my pregnancy during or after)
– The delivery and recovery was worth every minute for the beautiful children we created, and not one minute was it specifically for him
– My children will proudly grow with OUR last name and carry it on how they see fit in their adult lives!
It is my house too, they are my children too, we both have parents that may need support one day too, I do not do anything for someone else at a cost to my own health, beauty, or hobbies! My husband and I are a team we chose each other we love each other and we will create this life we have chose together! I feel appreciated and I hope he does too!! 🙂
I hope they others are living the life they have chose and not one out of obligation!